We do get this question a lot: “How will I know when my gutters need to be cleaned?”
You probably would rather think about a zillion other things besides your gutters. We understand.
Well, lemme ask you a question and then I will tell you a short little story.
Have you ever walked into a room of your basement and suddenly heard “splat-squish-splat-squish” down at your feet? And not a crunchy sound, like broken bits of dog food on the garage floor that should have been swept up. But instead, a sloppy, wet, and squishy sound. Like something is very berry wrong. Well, once upon a time, a very long time ago, we did that! Yep.
how will I know when my gutters need to be cleaned gutter cleaning wichita
A Short Little Story
It went something like this:
“Hey, ummmm what is this?” she asked.
“What’s what?” he asked.
“The carpet! It’s wet,” she said.
“What… I say what in the name of Jesse James do you suppose that is?”–Foghorn Leghorn
“Oh, that’s water coming in at the top!”
[sigh] It was a disaster! A pain in the butt. It was not fun. And furthermore, the cost to repair it was everything in this universe BUT cheap!
Cleaning the gutters would certainly have cost less.
gutter cleaning wichita
how will I know when my gutters need to be cleaned
Proactive versus Reactive
The BEST way to tell if your gutters are working properly is by taking a walk around the outside of your house and performing your own inspection.
- you should check the downspouts and seams for cracks or separations, and
- check that water flows down to the downspouts and doesn’t leak at the elbows, and
- look at the splash blocks to see if they are properly aligned under the downspouts, and
- make sure the gutters are not bent, crushed or coming off of the house
If you see any of the following, please give us a call right away:
- water dripping from the bottom of the gutters (when it is not raining)
- rainwater pooling at the foundation
- a water trough or impression on your turf or landscape, near the foundation, and parallel to the roof line
BUT… most importantly, please don’t get out your ladder (unless you work for us).
Don’t risk a fall. Because your wife, husband, mother, father, daughter, son and your dog will thank you.
Just give us a call. Within mere minutes, we’ll set you up for a F.R.E.E., no obligation inspection.
If we find an issue, we can give you an instant quote for repair, cleaning, or even replacement.
walk around the outside of your house and performing your own inspection